Monday, March 24, 2008

Ode to a keyboard

Last week, a few adventures happened in close proximity to my computer desk.... and, my beloved keyboard has walked into the trash.

Although there have been sticky kid fingers and dirty fingers for over a year, one little week brought the keyboard's demise...

First it was the Jello.

Then it was cookie crumbs (not that bad)... (most of jello and cookie crumbs were removed such that the stuck keys seemed to temporarily become unstuck)

Then, it was a full mug of my cafe au lait!

Why, you might ask, did all of these occur this week? Well, Each of these incidents involved sitting at the computer, trying to do work, with eight-month old baby (and grabbing fingers) in my lap!

2 comments:

dd_traveler said...

I did a good one on one of mine spilling not one but two whole bowls of miso soup in between the keys - and I didn't have a baby in my lap!!

rr adventurer said...

I think we both should invest in one of those hospital-plastic keyboard covers -- what do you think?