Monday, March 17, 2008

Everyone (still) has clean underwear!

Not that anyone out there in cyberspace cares,

but,

Everyone (still) has clean underwear!

A couple days ago, (almost) everyone in the family was wearing their LAST PAIR of clean underwear. This is a sign that I was behind with my laundry. (Of course, this is because I was a little sick.... )

All different portions of our wardrobes end up in the dirty laundry, and get cycled to clean laundry... and get put on a waiting list, and, if lucky, eventually end up in folded laundry, end, if not sneaked out of the cycle and worn and put back in the dirty laundry, it will eventually become put-away laundry.

I'd like to say that the reason the cycle goes this way is because it is for six individuals, and little kids create mountains of laundry. However, I think I've operated this way for a long time, even before marriage and kids!

When I had doled out "last" clean underwear to myself and two of my children the other day, I realized that "amount of clean underwear in drawers" is a good barometer of household laundry status.

The good news, although I'm not caught up (by no means!), I am catching up -- and, in the past 5 days, there has been enough clean underwear to go around. (Yay!)

Just posting this gives me motivation to go, toss another load in the washer, fold a load, and file it away for another day!

What's that status of your laundry?
Do you have an article of clothing that can measure how "caught up" you are?
Is it underwear? Socks? Your favorite jeans? Something else?

1 comment:

dd_traveler said...

Considering I get really picky about wanting to wear my "favorite new..." (insert any random clothing item here and I probably have a new favorite) - I do laundry often... I can have a closet full of clothes but nothing I WANT to wear... Maybe I'll be more sane after a few kids of my own?