Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Adventure to the ART Museum


I love museums,



and my kids seem to too!



Today we went on an adventure to the NCMA (http://www.nassaumuseum.com/).



We had a blast!



We got to see the "I SPY" exhibit (my children LOVE those books and that genre). It was neat to see both the models and the photographs.



We arrived at the heels of a school trip, so we got to hear some of the guides explaining to the elementary school students different aspects of the art -- which we all enjoyed.



We played in the outdoor "maze" (any garden that has hedges is considered a maze to us: if you can walk through pathways, it's a maze).



We visited the miniature museum -- and got to look at a MILLION DOLLAR DOLL HOUSE!!! (A castle, really... I didn't know that there were doll houses that were worth over a million dollars). The exhibit puts the hobby in perspective (and makes the fisher-price house we own look like nothing!).


No comments: