Monday, August 18, 2008

Something you don't hear everyday.

Yesterday, we went on a family excursion:

We took a short drive and drove down to Long Beach.


We figured that we could get the beach town experience, sans crowds since we were going late Sunday afternoon.

We did miss the traffic (lots of cars leaving, we were one of the few entering). Oh, except we did have a little congesion when we had to wait for the draw bridge, but that was worth it -- kids enjoyed seeing the "big boat".

So, we found a place to park (which probably wouldn't have happened if we had gone earlier in the day or a different day of the week).

And the six of us took a walk down to a cool restaurant my husband had happened upon during a business visit.

And, my husband says, "That looks like a girl I married".

I couldnt' help myself from laughing. He, of course repeated himself, "You know, the one I married last month".

I continued to laugh, because that isn't something a wife hears her husband (who's only been married to her) say!

Of course, I'm his only wife of the past 11 years, and we have a good marriage.

So, most of you reading the blog, will know the solution to this riddle: my husband was requested as a minister to do a Beach Wedding (In Long Beach), and officiated the ceremony. So, he did marry someone who frequents Long Beach, and who probably was that girl we saw walk in the opposite direction. Just, he wasn't the groom.

Oh, the business visit mentioned earlier did have to do with the rehearsal dinner for said wedding.

Oh, and we did have a delightful evening at a beach restaurant, and a fun run through the sand, chase seagulls, and poke our toes in the Atlantic Ocean.

I guess there are advantages to living on Long Island.

1 comment:

rr adventurer said...

if you do facebook, husband posted pictures of kids from our account.