Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pumpkin Cookies -- a no egg recipe!

I think this is the first cookie recipe I've ever made without eggs,

A good friend brought some pumpkin cookies to my house last month, and I've been looking forward to making them ever since. I finally got the recipe from her, I've modified it for out house.. and now we've made them, and are eating them all up. (Be careful, these are addictive!)

PUMPKIN COOIKIES
These are cake-like, delightful, relatively healthy treats.

I'm excited to have found a no-egg recipe, so that tasting before cooking is (finally!) allowed. (A habit that my kids all have).

1/4 c butter
1/4 c shortening
1 c pumpkin
1 c sugar


CREAM those four ingredients in a bowl

Follow with dry ingredients:

2 c of flour
3/4 t vanilla
1 1/2 t cinnamon
1 T brown sugar
1 t baking soda


After well mixed, combine in the raisins and nuts:
1 c raisins
1/4 c chopped nuts



This makes a the perfect autumn afternoon snack!

No comments: