Monday, May 10, 2010

I got the kids in bed - on time!

So, here is the story:

I have five kids: ages 8, 6 (almost 7!), 5, 2 (almost 3!) and 11 months.

As I type this, upstairs in the main bedroom, four of my five kids are asleep, and it is 8:24pm.

I aim to "start" bedtime routine at 7pm. (Which, now with it being light later, means telling them to get pj's on, and brush teeth).

I then aim to have lights out by 8:30 pm.

Yes, I have an hour and a half for "bed time". The beauty of the 7pm start, though is that at 8pm, I can say "an hour past bedtime"!

Why am I blogging this tonight? Because the plan doesn't always work, and sometimes it is a struggle. But, here is a record that plans (sometimes) do work!

Now that the house is full of peace and quiet, I get to go do my evening routine (Which tonight includes loading the dishwasher, doing laundry, and much more).

No comments: