Thursday, June 5, 2008

What do Whole Wheat Flour and Bathroom Sink have to do with each other?

We have creative children.

Who knows where they get their ideas?

Perhaps it's the Mr. Roger's tune "Let's think of something to do while we're waiting, while were waiting..."?

Well, I wish Mr. Roger's song included "never make a mess, while you're waiting", THAT would be a helpful tune to have in my kids' heads!

So, this evening, I was on the phone with a college friend.

I returned her call immediately after dinner.

I assumed my children went to the bathroom to wash their hands.

Perhaps, that was the original idea?

Someone (I think it was the 5 year old) brought the 5 pound container of whole wheat flour into the bathroom.

When I checked in on them (It's amazing how it only takes a few minutes for a mess to develop!) The sink was full with a Brown Liquid. Oh, goodness!

Time Outs, to each and every one.

"You know that mom paid money for that flour, and that flour was reserved for baking?"

"Oh, we didn't know that"!!!!!


Rather than risk a clogged drain, I emptied the sink out into the pail.

But, as I write this, there is a small area of paste on the bathroom floor that I need to remove, before it hardens...


At least my life isn't boring!

1 comment:

dd_traveler said...

But that sounds like so much fun... !!!